Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Revisiting A List From Last Year

Originally, I was going to do an update on the 5 DC characters I'd like to see made into Heroclix exactly one year after the original post. The two problems with that were: 1) It would have fallen on Sunday, and Sunday is Brisco day for the time being, and 2) There's only been one large DC set released in that time span. Since the All-Star Superman set was due to come out next week, I thought I'd wait. Then the poster showing all the pieces in the set was released, and there doesn't seem to be any point in waiting.

So, last year's list:

1) Ragdoll
2) Sand
3) Haunted Tank
4) Enemy Ace
5) Unknown Soldier

Ragdoll appeared in last winter's DC 75th Anniversary set, but other than that, it's been a dud. That set did give us a new Sgt. Rock, but I'm more concerned with figures that haven't ever been made. There's no reason to suppose a Superman-themed set was going to come through for me, but there also wasn't any reason to waste two spots each on Max Lord and Magog. 1 for both was more than sufficient, especially since Magog was already 'clixed once before. We have 3 Magogs, but no Sanderson Hawkins. Bloody hell.

Oh well, one out of five is better than none. It does leave an empty spot to fill. I considered listing Jeanette, since Secret Six seemed to have some success get representation. But, I decided I'd like to throw a vote out there for the current Terra. Well, the pre-restart current Terra. Power Girl's friend. They've only ever made one Terra, and that was the blonde one, many, many moons ago. They had a new Power Girl in the Brave and the Bold set that came out spring of last year. I see a lot of complaints online that she isn't awesome enough for her point cost, but honestly, I think some of the people online want every figure to be a one-person wrecking crew regardless of whether it's appropriate or not. Anyway, that Peej is 199 points, so I think they could make a decent Terra for 101 points.

There are rumors there'll be a Justice League set at some point in the future, but I haven't a clue when it'll be out, if ever. If it does appear, it's likely to reflect the New DC status, so Casual Friday Superman will show up, probably alongside Baseball Enthusiast Roy Harper, and um, I'm out of bad jokes. At any rate, none of the characters above seem likely to get much love in a set based on the reboot DC. Then again, I have no idea how far in the future that set is, so by the time they get started on, the Earth-2 JSA book may be a hit (and it isn't as though there aren't plenty of JSA members who could use an updated 'Clix version), or maybe war comics set in the past will be the big thing.

No comments: