Friday, September 02, 2011

Which Watch Wristwatch?

Someone once told me they found it strange that I wore my wristwatch on my right wrist, seeing as I was right-handed. This person's contention was most people wear it on their non-dominant hand, as this person did (they were also a righty so they wore it on their left wrist*).

So that's my blog-filler post for the day. If you wear a wristwatch, do you wear it on the arm of your dominant hand, or the other? If you're ambidextrous, do you alternate, or do you stick with one arm?

* For that matter, they wear their watch on the inside of their arm. I wear my watch on the outside.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I'm right-handed, so I wear my watch on my left wrist. If I were left-handed, I would wear it on my right wrist, because otherwise, it would get in the way when I'm writing.

CalvinPitt said...

I've never noticed that problem. Well, my 4th grade teacher did tell me I held my pencil incorrectly. Maybe I do that because of the watch! Hmm. . .

Anyway, that's 2 votes for "Opposite Wrist"!