Saturday, October 22, 2011

Still Wishin' For Clix

Last month, I looked back at a post from the previous year about which DC characters I'd been hoping to see show up in Heroclix. The results weren't exactly great. I thought we had a shot at Sand with this Fan Vote thing, but Barda ended up winning. Which is fine, I guess, her previous 'clix is probably pretty out of date, but at least she's been made once before, you know? Oh well, it's a year since I did the same thing for Marvel, so I wanted to check back on that front as well.

Marvel released two large sets in the last year, Giant-Size X-Men and Captain America. GSX included Siryn, so that's one for my X-Factor team. Captain America had Jack Flag, Doorman, Mr. Immortal, and Squirrel Girl (with Monkey Joe!). I'm not at all sure why they only made half the GLA, but what the heck, half is better than none. Besides, there are three Marvel sets due to be released between now and the end of next summer. A Hulk set, then Galactic Guardians (oh, I'm hopeful about that one), and a Mighty Avengers set in the summer. Maybe we'll get the rest of the GLA then. Anyway, let's see what's left from last year's list, with a couple of additions.

Cosmic: At this point, Cosmo's the only Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy figure left, so yes, I'm hopeful Galactic Guardians will provide me with a telepathic cosmonaut dog. I know we're getting some of the old-school GotG, as Charlie-27 and Martinex are already confirmed, so that's good for fans of those teams. Also, Ikon would be nice. They made a new Quasar (Wendel Vaughn version) in the Cap set, and he had "Annihilators" as a keyword, so they could build on that.

Street-level: Eh, that's not the best description, but I'm trying to limit this to five categories, since I'm not holding myself to five characters. I'm still hoping for Rage and Silhouette for an original recipe New Warriors team. I figure Rage might have a shot with Mighty Avengers, since he was one for a little while. It also occurred to me that I'd like to see Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. I think they may have been pogs once, but so were Jimmy Woo and Gorilla Man and that didn't stop those two from getting actual 'clix (a development I was perfectly fine with). I figure KnightWing have a chance with the Hulk set, since it's also including Shadowland-related figures (such as demon-possessed Daredevil, and the current White Tiger). Misty and Colleen were mixed up in that, so why not?

Mutants: We got Siryn (and some new Madroxes), but I'm still hoping for a Monet and a Layla Miller for X-Factor, and there's always Stacy X. I don't know when we're likely to see any of those characters, especially Stacy. Unless she becomes an Avenger in the next 2 months, which hey, it could happen. every other sucker on the planet gets to be one these days.

Avengers: Bertha, Flatman, Dinah Soar. C'mon GLA, you're halfway there! The other figure I'd add is the Eric O'Grady Ant-Man. Not that I actually like the character (Scott Lang Ant-Man 4evah!), but I could use O'Grady for my Secret Avengers team. I'm still hoping for a Dr. Hank Pym (with red jumpsuit) one of these days. Not a new figure, but rather a different version of a character they've made before.

Atlas: Triathlon would have fit under the "Avengers" category, but I'd be using him as a member of Atlas, so that's where I'm listing him. Thought I guess he'd be "3-D Man" in that circumstance. Ugh, I do not like that name. I'll add former SHIELD agent Derek Khanata to that, since he's part of Atlas now, too. Plus, they gave us Scorpion (not the Spider-Man enemy, the teenage one whose mother is AIM's Scientist Supreme) in the Cap set, and Khanata was her handler when he was in SHIELD. It'd be a natural team-up.

OK, I got that out of my system. Brisco tomorrow.

No comments: