Saturday, July 25, 2015

And This Is Why I Listen To CDs In The Car

I haven't posted on a Saturday in a while. I have some posts ready available, but I've been holding them back in case the well ran dry during the week. So it would have to be something immediately and massively annoying to get me to go ahead and throw one up.

Since I've been on this job, I've struggled to find a decent local radio station. Everything is either country or church stuff. The former I can tolerate under certain circumstances, the latter is a no-go. I did find a classical station earlier this week, but the reactions of my coworkers convinced they were not receptive (I generally operate on the rule it's driver's choice, meaning me 90% of the time, but I try to not torture the others).

I did find a decent classic rock station, the only problem being that in the morning the station plays/runs/broadcasts/whatever you call it the John Boy and Billy Show, and it is terrible. Perhaps this isn't news to you. I've heard of the show, but never actually listened to a station that played it. It's like listening to an NFL pregame show. None of the jokes are funny, but that doesn't stop the people on the show from cackling constantly at everything.

'The fat lady walks up to the parrot -' *everyone laughs madly*

The Joker wishes he could get those kinds of results. Every segment is interminable, and frankly, country music sounds pretty good in comparison. Hell, commercials sound pretty good in comparison. I've gladly changed the station and stayed on one that was on a commercial break.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Yep. CDs all the time.