Friday, July 03, 2015

It's All About One Book in September

It’s shaping up to be a great month for books in September!

That’s not how I originally planned to start this. I was going to focus on how few books there were from Marvel I was interested in that month. Here’s the complete list:

Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos #4
Daredevil #18

That’s it, a (probably) mini-series, and Daredevil. It’s like 2011 all over again. I have no idea where Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, or Marvel Zombies went to. Secret Wars still won’t be over by then, but I don’t know if that’s relevant. Like, things are getting bad in-story, so the other books are ending/going on hiatus because their section of the world is “destroyed” or something. Who knows?

Outside of that, there’s the handful of DC books, but will I still be buying Batman Beyond come the fall, and there's no sign of All-Star Section Eight #4. So it may be a small month there, too. Descender is at least on a skip month after completing its first arc, could end up being more than that, depending on how much lead time Nguyen and Lemire need. Roche Limit: Clandestiny is ending that month as well.

But none of that matters, because IDW is releasing the first issue of Atomic Robo and the Ring of Fire! I was hopeful, when Clevinger and Wegener went the digital route with Robo this year, they’d at least keep doing trades, if not single issues. But I’ll take the single issues if I can get them. I’m also going to hope being published through IDW will eliminate some of the shipping issues they had with Red 5. Where the book would miss a month, then ship issues in consecutive weeks, when there was no apparent delay on the creative team’s end of things. That solicit pretty much saved the month for me.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh God, they aren't dumping Squirrel Girl are they? It's my new favorite book! Well, and I don't see Loki: Agent of Asgard, and Daredevil is coming to an end...and...its the Apocolypse!

Not much at DC either.

CalvinPitt said...

I'm worried about Squirrel Girl, too. I didn't see her anywhere among all those new #1s they released last week, so I have to hope they just decided to let the book keep going as is. Ha, and pizza will fall from the sky and land neatly on a plate next to me.