Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Summer Heat Shut Things Down Again

Not a lot that's new in the July solicits that caught my eye.

Marvel's restarting a bunch of their series - again - with new creative teams. Ta-Neshi Coates taking over Captain America with Leinil Yu is probably the most notable. I'm not a huge fan of Yu's artwork, and Cap rarely interests me as a solo character. Still lots of mini-series about Infinity Countdown and Desperately Looking For Logan.

There's going to be another of the Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel team-up books, involving both characters' normal writers, but not their artists. Although I don't know who qualifies as Ms. Marvel's regular artist. I guess it's Nico Leon, but give it five minutes and it'll probably be someone else. Speaking of shifting artists, it's time for that one issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl a year not drawn by Erica Henderson! The one Jacob Chabot did two years ago was solid. Last year, it was that issue with all the different artist, which I was not a fan of. This time it's Derek Charm, who I'm not familiar with. Hopefully this is more of the former than the latter.

DC's launching a new Catwoman series and some new Justice League books, including one that's going to send a team into space, and is going to involve Azrael. Yeah, Knightfall Batman, Azrael. Times like this, I wish Diamondrock was still updating his blog. I'd like to know what Jean-Paul Valley would have to say about this development. I said last month I'd consider that Plastic Man mini-series, but reading the solicit for issue 2, I'm thinking probably not.

Outside those two, Copperhead's continuing with the town under attack by something. Coda is going to involve an attack by a bandit fortress located on the back of a giant. That sounds pretty damn cool. I'm pretty excited for the first issue, which comes out sometime in May.

Ed's returning to the university after recovering from breaking his legs in Giant Days, which means he and Esther get to deal with his unfortunate confession. I need that gif of someone in the theater just scarfin' down popcorn while their eyes are glued to the screen.

IDW says Bubba Ho-Tep and the Cosmic Blood Suckers is shipping issue #5. However, we should be up to issue #2 right now, and have currently seen zero issues, so take that with a grain of salt. Speaking of books not showing up, I still haven't seen hide nor hair of The Seeds. I hope that's going to show up one of these days.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Two of my favorite firls teaming up can only be a good thing.

CalvinPitt said...

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, frankly. Both books have been going for over three years now. But I guess with events and whatnot, it's hard to find the time.