Monday, March 09, 2020

What I Bought 3/6/2020

8 comics I want this month, and only 1 comes out the first two weeks. At least the 1 is something I really enjoy, rather than something I took a chance on and got disappointed by. Also, never discuss politics with people you like. Only discuss them with people you want to yell at anyway.

Black Cat #10, by Jed MacKay (writer), Kris Anka (artist), Brian Reber (color aritst), Ferran Delgado (writer) - I would laugh pretty hard if Logan's claws did make a different sound when he extended them for other, non-Canadian characters. It would make no sense, but what the hell. Gives Deadpool one more thing to make fun of him about.

So the brat they swiped the cool glasses from last issue puts a large bounty out on them, although we only seem them get attacked by a bunch of Frankensteins, the Brothers Grimm, and then Deadpool. Who, when you think about it, is kind of a Frankenstein monster himself. I mean, he's a creation of twisted science that was considered an abject failure by his creator, and has since gone on to wreak revenge against said creator.

Of course, by that logic, Logan is also a Frankenstein. Perhaps, we are all Frankensteins. No, that's stupid. I don't have any neck bolts, and I think fire is cool.

Anyway, while all this chasing is going on, Bruno and Doc are swiping all of Logan's stuff back from Kade under the guise of a moving company. So I pegged that right, I just didn't expect it to start so soon. Figured it would take longer for Kade to start moving his stuff. Logan gets most of his stuff back, and Felicia gets the painting she wants, and everyone goes home happy. Except Kade and Wade. And I guess if Kade figures out his drone didn't blow up Felicia and Logan the bounty will be back on. They probably won't be very happy then.

OK, Logan might. He'd probably enjoy the fight. Also, apparently Frankensteins are not covered by the "no killing" prohibition Krakoa has. Seems a little close minded. I guess we see who the real bigots are here. *instantly pummeled to death*
Anka and Reber make Felicia look like she's having so much fun it's infectious. Her making fun of Logan for not being willing to bring her back to Krakoa, and being excited to fight Frankensteins. Trying to get a "Black Cat" chant going at the Bloodsport arena. The dress variant of her costume she's wearing for the first few pages is really cool.

The only quibble I had with the art was in the flashback scene with the Fox, Felicia, and her girlfriend, I guess. The Fox steals Felicia's bracelet and Tamara's watch off their wrists with the aid of his misdirection, but the watch isn't on the hand that was holding Felicia's below the table. It's on the one that's Tamara's resting her cheek on. I guess the Fox could be that damn good, but it doesn't seem like that's how it's supposed to read. Although now I'm curious if Tamara is going to show up in an upcoming issue.

No comments: