Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two Thoughts From This Week's Batman & the Outsiders

1) One of Batman's tech support people, Salah, was wearing a shirt that said "Friction: it's a drag". I laughed out loud at that. Looking back at #4, he had a shirt that said "Obey Gravity: it's the law!". I don't find that one quite as funny, but it's a nice touch. I wonder who gets credit for that, Dixon or the artist (Lopez for the gravity one, Rodriguez for the friction one). Either way, good show. I look forward to seeing what other science themed joke shirts we'll be exposed to.

2) One of the two Chinese super-soldiers "interrogating" the Outsiders was a woman who says she was named Barefoot Tiger. She asked if Grace knew why she had that name, and Grace made some crack about never wearing shoes. *rimshot* We never did find out why she had that name. Her powers appear to be some sort of powerful eye beams, so I'm not sure what that has to do with a barefoot tiger. And wouldn't tigers always have barefeet? I think what we have here is her superiors being clever. They figure with that name everyone will figure she's some close combat expert, with enhanced reflexes and claws or something, when in reality, she's most effective at range because she has eye beams. Now that's the kind of thinking I can get behind!

Looks like I have to make another new tag. Anyone know the upper limit on tags?

3 comments:

Seangreyson said...

The Obey Gravity shirt is a real one (http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/65a4/). Not sure on the friction one however. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, just didn't recognize it right off.

Matthew said...

I always liked the shirt I saw featuring a character who'd quite clearly fallen from a great height, with the phrase 'Gravity: I Fought the Law, but the Law Won'.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: I wondered whether those were real shirts. Oh, those scientists and their quirky senses of humor.

matthew: That's funny, I really like that one.