Saturday, September 06, 2008

It Is Critical You Pay Attention At This Time

. . . {Hey, are you listening?} Hmm? {What are you doing over there?} Laying in the sun. It feels nice. {Is the sun even out right now?} No. {So, you're really just laying around.} Yeah. {Well, how about we discuss Secret Six while you lounge?} I still can't read Punisher? {No, I'd still rather you didn't. It's frank depictions of sex and narcotic abuse, are not for infantile intellects such as yours. At least, not until you become Slightly Less Adorable Adult Panda, guaranteeing you're large enough to keep your mom from killing me for letting you read it.}

Aw. {Hey, it just means you've got that to look forward to when you get older.} *glumly* All right. I guess Scandal could use a Hug, but I'm worried she might throw up on me. {Maybe you could hug from behind? Belly to back?} She might think I was attacking her! {Yeah, but a) she'll probably puke before she can attack, and b) even if she can take a swing at you, you're small enough she'll just swing right over you.} I think Bane could use a Hug, because he seems like the only one that isn't crazy. {So he gets to play the Martian Manhunter, to the rest of the team's Justice League International? That poor guy.} Do you think we'll find out why he's with them? {I'm sure Simone will get to it eventually, but I don't think it's essential at this point. Let the book get into a groove first.}

Do you think Catman needs a hug, or a bonk? He lost his lions, but he wasn't very worried about that storekeeper getting robbed. {Well, I'd say Deadshot needs the bonk, since he actually robbed the guy, but I think you could withhold the hug from Catman to teach him a lesson.} Hitting Deadshot could get me shot! {Relax. We'll find you a little Batman costume, then he'll never be able to hit you. Just stick to the shadows, and work fast.} OK then. Bonk for Deadshot! And, Applause for Ragdoll. He tried to cheer Scandal up. {That's nice of you. I'd suggest you keep you applaud from a distance. Ragdoll might just be the craziest one of them all.} Really? {Definitely don't go near any ledges with him.}

Well, I'm gonna go lay in the sun. {Hey, hold on. I have to explain why I was being cryptic last week.} I already know. {What?} Yeah, you just didn't want to tell me you got me a present. {That's not why I was being secretive.} What? {Sorry. The deal is, employment is taking me to a different location for a couple months. I expect to enjoy the work, but it leaves me about 3 hours drive from the store. Ken, being the swell fella he is, has agreed to mail me my comics every couple weeks. So, until the middle of November, there will be less frequent, but larger, review posts, on books that are a week to two weeks old. Likewise, there will be fewer helpings of ABP, but each serving will be larger. So now you know. You may resume basking.}

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Oh heck, hugs for ALL of the Six...or in this case five. Yes, Catman overreacted a tad, but he DID bring the ice cream. And Deadshot is just so adorable.

Their method of trying to cheer up poor Scandal was horrifying of course, but give them points for trying.