Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out Of The Blue, But

Before his parents died, do you think Bruce Wayne went to public school or private school?

His family was loaded, so they could certainly afford private schooling. But the Waynes are generally portrayed as having a philanthropic spirit, and I could easily see them enrolling Bruce in public schools, since they no doubt contributed considerable funds to improving them, and would want to show they believed in the staff.

Obviously not an important question in the Batman mythos, but it came to me abruptly over the weekend, so I thought I'd ask you.

3 comments:

Seangreyson said...

I'd say he went to public school. Considering where Wayne Manor is, his local school would probably have been the best in the city any way. Plus Gotham, depending on the source, really started going in the toilet after the Waynes died, so the schools in general were probably not bad.

Rol said...

I reckon he had private tutors.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: I hadn't considered that bit about the quality of the school in his area. That's a good point.

Rol: I pictured that happening after his parents died, and young Bruce withdraws from school. He can't/doesn't want to be around other kids, who might gawk/stare/tease him.