Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Call Your Travel Agent Now! Do People Still Have Travel Agents?

Good afternoon, ladies and gents! It's time for my annual post letting you know about the upcoming Cape Girardeau Comic Convention!

I realize I waited far too late to make this post last year, and you didn't have enough time to clear your schedules. Well this year you won't have that excuse! The convention's May 1st and 2nd, so you've got a whole two months to get ready and tell anyone who asks you to do something that weekend to take their plans and walk off pier with them!

I know you folks are quietly excited, but I want you loudly excited. Let me hear the excitement! Start clapping if you're excited!

Adorable Baby Panda: You used the 'clap if you believe' bit last year.

I did? *checks last year's post* I did. Man, that hucksterism was terrible. Fine, we'll do it this way. People, give me a sign you're excited or. . . the baby panda gets it!

Adorable Baby Panda: What?!

Don't worry, they'll get excited.

Adorable Baby Panda: What if they don't? Are you gonna kill me?!

Kill you? Who said anything about killing? Blog Editor Calvin would never allow Post Writing Calvin to kill you. I only said you were gonna 'get it'.

Adorable Baby Panda: Then what's 'it'?

I dunno. Algebra homework?

Adorable Baby Panda: People, you have to start getting excited! He's crazy enough to do it!

That's right! In x + 3/4y = 2, what is y if x is 17? SHOW YOUR WORK! Mwa-ha-ha!

Adorable Baby Panda: No more!

Enough skylarking. I figured I should try something other than my inner Stan Lee to promote it this year, and hopefully entertain you in the process. Speaking seriously, I hope that you will find some time to come to the convention. I know travel is expensive, but if you're clever, I bet you can convince your bosses it's in the best interests of your company for you to make a trip to Cape Girardeau the first weekend of May. Unless you are the boss, in which case you don't have to convince anyone, you can do what you want.

Ken's still updating the page as he gets more confirmation on who's going to show, but if you go to the website you can see his two special guests.

No comments: