Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Back To Making Our Own Solicits

Sally has suggested we return to the idea of taking a cover and devising our on solicitation for it. Since I'm feeling a bit pressed for content myself, I'm game. I do wish Guy was using a wrench or some other blunt instrument, though. Oh well.

Warriors Bar on Oa has a ghost problem. A Stooge Ghost problem, to be exact. Yep, the ghosts of the Three Stooges have dropped in and possessed some of the Lanterns! How will Hal respond to Guy calling him a "chowderhead" and pulling his hair? Will Kyle be able to stop saying "woo woo, woo woo" and barking randomly at Soranik? And will he ever get to eat that oyster soup? Will the Guardians close down Warriors after being caught in the inevitable pie fight? Will Sinestro use being cracked over the noggin with a ladder by Hal as pretext to resume hostilities? What happens when the ghost of Shemp appears, demanding equal time? Will Salaak, Arisia, and Kilowog be able to set things right, or he will they even notice anything out of the ordinary?

I don't know who would be responsible for all that. I guess if ghosts are involved Nekron would be the easy answer, but I'd rather not go there. Maybe Control Freak from the Teen Titans cartoon, or the Prankster, taking some time off from harassing Superman. Though if anybody needs to be pranked, right now it's Superman.

3 comments:

Rol said...

You might have just persuaded me to buy my first Green Lantern comic in 15 years...

CalvinPitt said...

rol: Then my work here is done!

*attempts to fly off*

*crashes into ceiling*

SallyP said...

Calvin, this is inspired. Visions of the Great Pie Fight have me in tears. Well that, and choking on my popcorn as I read this.

This...must...happen.