Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'd Like To Review Some Comics, But. . .

Here's a thought from me as a customer: If I call you one day and confirm that yes, I'd like you to ship my comics, I should not be calling you back 12 days later only to learn you will be shipping them tomorrow.

That's not a good example of customer service, especially when you just took over the store, and it's the first time you're supposed to be sending my stuff out. You don't have any credit stored stored with me the way the fellows who ran the store prior to you did. Ken, Jack, I knew they were swell guys, it was an accident, and they'd do better the next time, or at least try to. I don't have any sense that's the case with you, new proprietor. For all I know, this is how things are going to be with you, and it's not promising.

I want to think this is just growing pains, and the new guy will figure it out, but man, it's not how I envisioned things starting. Fine, he hadn't sent them after six weeks, some of that was still Jack's tenure, I'd met the guy for 10 seconds at the convention, we'd barely been introduced, let alone discussed a shipping schedule. But I did call him, I did ask him to go ahead and ship the books, that was the 10th, and here we are, and they aren't on the way yet. So yeah, this is concerning, which is a nice way of saying I'm grinding my teeth thinking about it.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Customer service? What is that? You want your books NOW?

Sheesh!

CalvinPitt said...

Well, the good news is the books arrived the day after he said he was going to put them in the mail. Which is a significant reduction in turnaround from Jack.

So I'm going to renew hope that this was just him trying to find his routine and everything will be smooth sailing now.

Fingers crossed.