Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Here I Was Wondering What To Post About. . .

. . . and the Internet gifts me with another trailer for Deadpool 2! Right here! This time with more Cable! Ehhhhhhhhh. That's not super-fantastic, but they make fun of him, in between shots of him kicking ass, so that helps. And I think he had a gun with a dial on it. Does the dial go to 11? It has to, right? They couldn't pass up the opportunity, could they?

This is going to seem really stupid, but I hadn't considered that Cable is probably the antagonist*. I assumed he was coming back from the future to grudgingly team up with Deadpool and smash authoritarians, but it looks more like he wants to kill Deadpool. Because Deadpool's responsible for the future being terrible! Cable liked his green compression sleeve, and is angry Wade made them add the CGI metal arm. Or something more serious, maybe.

I wonder if they're going to touch on the absurd nature of Cable's family tree and upbringing. 'Well, my mother was a clone of my dad's dead ex, except she was really hibernating in an energy cocoon. My mom tried sacrificing me to a demon. Now, let me tell you about techno-organic viruses. . .' Then the audience suffers mass seizures. Probably best to skip it, then. 

Granted, I'm going off Deadpool's description during the reenactment. Maybe Cable isn't the villain. Playing the odds, Deadpool is more likely to commit criminal acts. Deadpool is not the most objective reporter, but his method of presentation cracks me up.

I'm worried the film is going to throw too much in and end up a mess. There'll be a bunch of potentially fun, but only half-formed, ideas and concepts. That's a common concern with sequels. I'm still excited for this movie. Waiting another four months is gonna be a pain.

* Suddenly, Gerry Duggan nuking Wade and Nate's friendship from orbit in that last story makes a little more sense.

No comments: