Wednesday, February 21, 2018

That's One Weekend Booked Up

As is the standard here, this is your heads up that the Cape Girardeau Comic-Con is two months away, April 20-22.

At present, there are 73 different vendors listed for the show from costuming to comics to baked goods to video games to artists. I'm hoping there'll be more added before the convention because I haven't seen Matthew Miller's name yet (he drew Amanda Waller for me two years ago, and that nifty Two-Face picture I grabbed last year).

The guests listed include Mike Zeck and Lou Ferrigno, among other. I'm trying to decide whether to take my copy of Kraven's Last Hunt to get signed, or I have that Captain America Annual where he and Wolverine fight, then team-up? Crap, he's probably been asked to sign those a million times. I don't think I have any of Secret Wars in the collection. I used to have part of the Punisher mini-series he drew, but I lost it or gave it away along the line. I'll figure something out.

They're going to try adding some of those escape rooms to the convention this year. I tried one of those with a friend back in 2016*. It looks like you can already reserve a turn with one of the rooms now, which is handy. You can plan the rest of your trip around that chunk of time you have set aside. Maybe get some commissioned sketches arranged with the artists, then go do the escape room while they're drawing. Could be interesting.

* It was good in theory, but the people running that one fumbled the execution. There was one box that was supposed to be locked that wasn't, and there was a clue we needed they forgot to put in the room.

No comments: