Monday, December 16, 2019

The Anniversary You've All Been Waiting For

It's the start of Year 15 at Reporting on Marvel and Legends!

Year 14 was fairly quiet. The biggest disruption was the loss of my apartment in late May, which threw a wrench into a lot of things for a few weeks, posting here being one of the less significant. Took a few trips, both for work and for fun. Seeing California was nice. Could have done without Las Vegas, but the near fistfight we saw at the Hoover Dam was amusing.

Otherwise, the blog continued mostly as it has for years. Reviewed comics, movies, and books. Occasionally posted stupid comic theories. Wrote a couple of stories. Sketchtober was, kind of a bust. Didn't draw nearly enough, and most of what I did I'm not happy with. Oh well. Kept Sunday Splash Page going. We should reach the end of the Bs before February!

Two new developments were that it finally occurred to me I could take advantage of my scanner and review old comics. Really shouldn't have taken almost two years to realize that, but I'm a little slow sometimes. And I finally figured out how to add alt-text to the images I post, so I can make more bad jokes and puns now!

As for Year 15, I don't have anything new in mind at the moment. Year In Review will probably be the second week of January, if things go according to plan. Maybe I'll be able to come up with more random comic stuff to talk about. I'm thinking about changing the look of the blog to something with a greater column width. Mostly so I could post the double-page splashes at a larger size. But I've been thinking about that for over a year, and haven't done it yet, so it probably won't happen.

Thanks to everyone who comments, or just drops by to read the posts. It's much appreciated.

2 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Congratulations on fifteen years!

CalvinPitt said...

Thanks! It's weird sometimes to think it's been going this long.