Friday, February 08, 2008

Adorable Baby Panda Post #71

{There ya go, a nice generic title, telling the audience what's up. What do you think?} It's bland, but I guess it's OK, until you start coming up with good titles again. {Yeah, I wouldn't bank on that anytime soon.} Aw, sure you will, you just have to keep the faith. {Well, if you think so, then I'll, I'll try.} Really? {Uh, well, I was being sarcastic, but sure, I guess so.}

So where to begin? I think Phyla and Starlord both need Hugs. Phyla's kind of sad, and Peter's not having a very good time either. {Well, Phyla bucked up a bit by the end of the issue.} Yeah, but she's still sad. I think Ms. Marvel needs a Hug too. She looked pretty down when she was sitting in the shower, and now Iron Man's going to sic her own team on her. {Yeah, Iron Man's not, he's not exactly a fountain of brilliant ideas these days. Oh well, I suppose dealing with a Skrull impostor will help Carol come to grips with her identity issues. Because Cru confronting Carol with those same issues apparently wasn't enough.} Self-discovery is an unceasing quest. {Um, righto.}


I thought he was kind of mean, but I guess Adam Warlock should get some Applause for helping Phyla out of her funk. {Objection! Adam Warlock played the "You durn kids ain't a patch on what heroes were like back in my day" card, which is lame. I move he given a Punch in the Face instead!} I don't punch people! {Yes you do! A bonk is just a punch delivered vertically rather than horizontally!} You would think that, but only because you haven't studied with the panda masters as I have. Besides, it's my post, and I say he gets applause. {Applause hoarder.} I don't hoard it, I'm very generous with it. I'm Applauding Ms. Marvel for stopping the Brood. {But she killed all of them except the Queen.} But the Brood invaded Earth, Carol has to defend her home!

Finally, I think the High Evolutionary needs a Bonk, for being a filthy traitor. {He's not a traitor, he just wants to continue his research.} . . . {OK, yeah it looks bad. But it's probably a fakeout. I'm sure he didn't use enough power to actually kill Warlock.} Well that's good. {On the other hand, the High Evolutionary is fairly amoral, as long as he gets to keep on working, so he might actually have gone bad.} What?! {In which case Warlock and Phyla can rip him to bits next issue. No worries.} You're not helping.

4 comments:

Seangreyson said...

No specific bonk or applause out of the issue (except maybe applause to Kurt for going back to the classic Errol Flynn image-inducer look) but the new Uncanny X-men this week was actually really good.
Art looks good, story was good and Cyclops wasn't being treated as an idiot by the writer. Plus there's a sequence where Cyclops chews out Stark, which everyone enjoys.

Considering the number of characters in every book who's done the last bit do you think there's a new game in the Marvel Universe. "Hey I'm bored, what do you want to do tonight? I don't know, what to invite Iron Man over and lecture him about how he's a fascist and his plans got his best friend killed?
Awesome, that sounds like fun!"

SallyP said...

A hug to Kurt, Logan and Peter for having a little bit of old school fun for a change.

A bonk to Tony Stark for being rude to Scott.

A hug to Ryan Choi for his fantasies.

A hug to Flycatcher for NOT dying.

A hug to Roy, Dick, Garth and Wally for being just so darned adorable.

Heck, even a hug to Nightwing for actually being GOOD!

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: It's good to hear Uncanny's staying strong post-Messiah Complex. I'm hoping X-Factor can do the same this week.

I think the "ridicule Iron Man" theme is the follow-up to the "punch Iron Man in the face" scenario that was going around last spring. Everyone's had a little time to calm down and think about their actions, so now they're going to use words, instead of fists.

sallyp: Tony can't help being rude though, he's used to talking to SHIELD agents, and you're supposed to treat them as if they're subhuman. It creates a sense of togetherness. . . somehow.

Nightwing was good, you say? Inconceivable!

SallyP said...

Nightwing was not only good, it was REALLY good!

I know, I'm just as flabberghasted as you.