Monday, February 18, 2008

We Can't Just Stop, We Have To Slow Down

If you've ever watched Spaceballs, you may recall that when traveling at ludicrous speed, you really shouldn't just try and come to a complete stop. You have to do it gradually. And so it is for me, that I can't simply stop with the brand of lunacy I've (hopefully) entertained you with these last few days. Nope, I've got mention something somewhat less silly to ease myself back into normal blogging space.

I can't shake this image of Madrox doing Riverdance. What freaks me out about it is the force of the dancing keeps making more duplicates, and they dancing makes still more, and more. And in my mind, the camera keeps pulling back, and there are just more and more Madroxes dancing perfectly in sync with each other. I think I got the idea from The Simpsons. I have this vague memory of an episode where Homer, and maybe the rest of the family, starts doing Riverdance, and the camera pulls back, and keeps showing more and more people have joined in.

There, that wasn't too weird.

4 comments:

CaptainAverage said...

Yay Spaceballs! (Spaceballs the Flamethrower..the kids love this one.)Couldn't the weirdness have sprouted from there? The Madrox image was a 2 on my weird-o-meter(considering what travels thru my imagination) so you could have strove for a little bit more. Like, say, did that little dancing diner alien (make mine the soup) somehow evolve from Michigan J.Frog? See, it's easy!

SallyP said...

Going...to...PLAID!

Oh, and thanks so much for the Maddrox image of River Dance. Now I've got that stuck in my head!

Jason said...

Somewhere in England, Warren Ellis is very mad you stole his tap-dancing-Madroxes idea.

CalvinPitt said...

captain average: No, I'm think the Madrox thing came from a combo of that Simpsons thing and last week's issue where he stomped his feet to make more dupes. That was roughly Saturday. Spaceballs only entered the equation on Monday, as I thought of the ludicrous speed analogy.

sallyp: I live to traumatize.

jason: Well hopefully he's not the violent sort. Or that he's at least too busy to do anything to me.