Thursday, July 03, 2008

Answers For The Quote Deprived

So, pretty much as soon as I finish this post, I'm leaving town. It's 4th o' July party time, people! So expect sporadic posting until sometime next week. As to this post, I'll give you the quote, the character, the actor, and the movie. Then you can all kick yourselves and go "I knew that!". I'm only posting the ones nobody got.

2. 'Sure get some high arc in this low gravity, huh?' {Dr. Burchenal (Tom Sizemore) - Red Planet. Probably would have been easier if I'd gone with Kilmer's followup line, 'You watching Amee? We're taking the first piss on Mars.'}

4. 'I've got three weeks to whip you suck-ass failure junkies into shape.' {Patches O'Houlihan (Rip Torn) - Dodgeball.}

5. 'What wanton hubris is this? Speak child, now! Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord! So sayeth the Psalms!' {"Reverend" Roy Foltrigg (Tommy Lee Jones) - The Client. I can't tell you how many times I wound up watching this damn movie on HBO back in the '90s.}

6. 'It's only an island if you look at it from the water.' {Chief Brody (Roy Schieder) - Jaws.}

7. 'Lately, your low self-esteem is just good common sense.' {Evelyn Wright (Cloris Leachman) - Spanglish. Don't judge me. TBS keeps showing when there's nothing else on to watch.}

8. 'I'll tell you what it isn't. It isn't Napoleon Brandy.' {Lt. Colin Blythe (Donald Pleasance) - The Great Escape.}

10. 'When the chimes end, pick up your gun. Go ahead and shoot me, Colonel. Just try.' {El Indio (Gian Maria Volante) - For A Few Dollars More. Oh, I love that quote. Something about how he pronounces Colonel as "Culonel", and the way he says "Just try", makes it so damn awesome.}

OK, so there you go. Now you don't have to suffer from not knowing. Later!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Argh! I really should have gotten 2 and 8. Good fun, Calvin!