Friday, July 11, 2008

Panda Alarm!

{I lost my pocketknife today.} The one your dad bought you? Oh he's going to be mad. {Speaking of mad, why does it look like someone hacked up my furniture with a sword?} . . . {Well? Any explanation?} There's a good reason, I swear! {Really? Perhaps you need a few days to prepare?} Yeah, that would help. {Will it thrill and entertain, while also providing a valuable source of material?} Maybe? {. . . Good enough! Just come by when you're ready to explain!} *sigh of relief*

{With that bit of interrogation out of the way, are you ready to begin?} Starlord got beat up, so he gets a Hug, and I'd give one to Gamora but I'm afraid my fur might stick to her burns, and that'd be nasty. So long-distance Hug. {Plus the smell is pretty bad.} That is not nice! {True, and Gamora is pretty deadly. Forget what I said. You have a delightful, yet fear-inducing scent. It's enchanting, really my dear.} Good save. I think Mantis could probably use a Hug, since she got beat up a little, and so could Nova, since he barely survived meeting Galactus. {Plus, he may have lost his best friend. How will the sitcom aspect manifest now?} Comedy will find a way. {How very deep-sounding.}

I'm giving Peter Parker a Bonk. {Spider-Girl Peter? Why?} He's keeping secrets. He gets on May about it when it comes to her being Spider-Girl, he should know better. {Dangers of a serial medium: Characters fail to learn from their past mistakes. Then again, real people don't always learn from their mistakes either.} Pandas do. {So I guess that means you won't be swinging swords in my apartment anymore, right?} Hey, you said I would get a chance to explain! {I can still make random accusations.} The Silver Surfer was still kind of rude, so he gets a Bonk as well. {Cut him some slack. He's trying to be a dutiful employee.} He lead Galactus to a living world! {Good point. To hell with slack! Bonk that shiny jerk!}

Batman gets some Applause for offering to talk to Booster when he feels down. {Skrull!} We said we would not accuse people of being Skrulls! {Life Model Decoy!} Hush. {What? It was actually Hush disguised as Batman? Boy will Bruce be confused the next time Booster shows up in the cave needing a pep talk!} Just stop! Nancy Lu gets Applause for setting a new personal record by lifting a car. {They say stress brings out the best in some people. Just makes me sleepy.} Really? {No. It makes me irritable.} You are always irritable. {Not always. Just when you're around. Hmm. Oh, don't cry, I was joking!} Not funny. {So they say. Anyone else?} Gamora, I think. She saved the rest of the team.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Well, I think that J'onn J'onnz could use a hug, but he's dead, so that's out. Nevertheless, a group hug for the entire Justice Leage, past and present, who are all feeling a little depressed right now.

A special hug for Batman (I can't BELIEVE that I am saying this) for the choco scene. *sniff*

A hug for Booster, and another hug for Rip Hunter. I'd give a hug to Ted, except he's back to being dead (or IS he?)

I also can't believe this, but a hug for...Tony Stark. He looks like he could actually use one. But then he went and built a mall on top of the lake in England where Merlin hangs out, which was a pretty dickish thing to do, so BAH! A Bonk for Tony Stark!

Seangreyson said...

I'll go with Applause for Merlin. Not only did he come back from being completely crazy, he gave Captain Britain a completely awesome resurrection.

On the other hand, he's probably still crazy, and his plans always seem to revolve around getting Brian killed and then resurrecting him (seriously Brian's onto his 4th resurrection if I've counted right). So maybe a bonk for that...

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: I thought Tony was ensuring that no one would be able to build a mall on the lake, precisely because he'd seen it happen in the future. But Tony is much smarter than me, so he's probably just outsmarting me.

seangreyson: Resurrection's are always better when they're completely awesome. So was it all part of merlin's plan to get out of the place he was locked up in, or just a happy coincidence?