Friday, August 29, 2008

Calvin Is A Promise Breaker!

{What?! I am not!} Are too! You keep saying there are going to be lots of comics, but there never are! {That's not my fault! They won't ship them to Ken! I'm blameless here! But if you want more comics in one setting, just you wait. But be careful what you wish for.} What are you talking about? {You'll find out when the audience does.}

No, tell me now! {No. Give out your hugs.} I think Iron Fist needs a Hug, and his students probably will too. So I give the Ch'i-Lin guy a Bonk, because he's a loser. {True. Child endangerment is such a Carnage move.} I think Nova proably needs a Hug, since he got attacked for no reason and he found out Earth is under attack. {Technically, the Skrulls had a reason, and a pretty good one from their perspective.} Fine, then he gets the Hug because he got attacked when he thought he was saving lives. {That works.}

Super-Skrull gets a round of Applause for helping Nova. {But he sold him out at the end of the issue.} No he didn't! That's obviously a trick! {Oh, excuse me.} Tell me the big secret. {No.} Come on. {No.} Please? {It's not that big of a secret, and no. How about you bonk those Skrull invaders?} I don't know. They think they're doing a good thing, and it's part of their religion. I'm not sure I should. {Hey, Nova didn't do anything to them, and they tried to kill him.} Good point. Bonks for the Skrull Army!

3 comments:

SallyP said...

A BONK to Diamond for not shipping half of my books. A hug to my beloved Comicbookstore clerk for being sympathetic about it.

A hug to Krypto for being awesome. A bonk to WonderDog in Teen Titans for eating Marvin and Wendy. I don't really LIKE Marvin or Wendy, but still...!

A hug to the Rogues for being cantankerous old cooters.

Seangreyson said...

A hug to wolverine. He just wanted to watch the game.

A bonk to Green Goblin for not being supportive to his son's success.

Also, did anyone else note Parker's comment about Norman possibly remembering his secret identity? He said something like, "Does he remember even after what we did?"

Not sure what it means since they've demonstrated that he doesn't remember the period before brand new day but...who knows maybe I'm reading too much into it.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Diamond seems a little off their game lately. And boy howdy, that Wonderdog thing came out of left field. I was expecting some story about a poor, bedraggled stray that they decide to adopt as a mascot, then BAM!

seangreyson: Yeah, I saw that line in ASM this week too. I don't know what to make of it. Someone suggested it means the "making everyone forget" came during the 18 months he'd been off in between OMD and BND. I don't really know.

From what I've heard, before his death Norman did care about Harry, wasn't needlessly cruel towards him, but wasn't good at expressing how much he cared. I know we aren't supposed to like Norman, but I wonder if he wasn't a bit too much of an ass towards Harry this week.