Friday, August 08, 2008

Skipping Down A Merry Field Of Pretty Flowers

Blech, that's disgusting! {Yes, nauseating, isn't it? I thought you'd be repulsed by it.} Then why do it? {For kicks and giggles, young Pandawan, kicks and giggles. Though actually, it's making me a little ill.} Ha!

Well, I guess Patsy has to get some Applause for agreeing to help those sages. So was the thing with tentacles a threat to Hellcat? {I don't think so. I think it was just to get here to them. That one guy started wearing it as a hat after they got inside the pink igloo.} Ah. I also think the Map gets a Bonk for calling Patsy names. {You have to admit, "fishwife" is a pretty good insult, if only because most people you call that will be too befuddled to develop a comeback.} It didn't bother Patsy. {Yes, well, she's not most people. Can I suggest Patsy get a bonk? She left the wheel of a moving motor vehicle unattended.} That is pretty bad driving. She might have avoided the wolf if she'd been at the wheel the whole time. Oh, that reminds me, Bonk for the giant wolf. Smashing other people's property is unaceptable unless they're evil. {So yes to the bonk for Hellcat?} I guess it's the only way humans learn. Bonk!

{Sorry you don't have more to work with. Next week will be better.} How am I supposed to get more face time on the blog, so I can spin-off into my own, uh, *reading from sheet of paper* critically acclaimed, but poorly selling ongoing series, if you don't buy more comics? {I told you next week will be better. You ought to be used to the ebb and flow of my comic purchases by now. Wait, did Wade write that out for you?} Yes. {What the hell does he know about "critically acclaimed"?} He said he read all of Christopher Priest's Black Panther series. {Oh. Well, anyway, I told you we were going with a series of mini-series and one-shots to gauge fan support before we even considered an ongoing. Plus, given your feelings towards late books, we'd have to find a creative team that's willing to risk getting bonked on the head if they can't get ehir work in on time. Which means you might be stuck with me.}

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Hmmm...this was kind've a tough week to call.

I guess I'd have to give Jonah Hex a bonk for letting a perfectly good blueberry pie go to waste.

Has Tony Stark done anything bonk-worthy lately?

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Jonah Hex wasted pie? That's it, Jonah Hex must die! But first, we fix his face! Then we mess up the other half! Then we kill him! That's the St. Louis way!

Jason said...

Yep, that's pretty much what the Cards are doing to the Cubs right now.