Saturday, January 24, 2009

No More Chips Before Bed. Or, More Chips Before Bed

Odd dreams last night. There was one that was something out of Resident Evil 4, with Leon and Ashley Graham, and the hordes of guys wearing hoods and robes, and wielding scythes and such. However, about the time our heroes jumped down some well, the Black Cat showed up, falling down the hole with them. And she was interested in Leon, who was me occasionally (sometimes I was viewing it 3rd person, sometimes, 1st person). I don't know what that was about.

Then it shifted to something completely different, involving Norman Osborn using Ultron for something nefarious. This bothers me because it means my subconscious has bought into this crap about Norman Osborn being a serious player who can command the respect of villains far above his weight class.

Anyway, Nick Fury was going to use War Machine (sporting a sort simplified design, like what you might see in that Brave and the Bold cartoon) and Ant-Man to do something. I assume it had to do with Ultron, but since it was a dream, who knows. What's weird is, Fury was giving Pym a hard time, talking about how he could have chosen to send any of the other Avengers*, but he chose Pym. I guess the implication was that anyone could do what Ant-Man does, and this is where it got weird. Hank said he found that doubtful. Fury, for example, perhaps could listen to and understand what ants were saying but could he communicate with them? At that point, Hank kneels down, and he's looking down at this small group of ants, who are wearing clothes. Like bow ties, and bonnets and they're carry their babies in wrapped in blankets, and they have parcels with them and all that. Ant-Man says, 'Could you explain to them the concept of individual freedom?' And he's crying a little, and the ants all look either sad, or grateful, or worried. It's like a group of, refugee ants or something, expelled from their colony for buying into Pym's lessons about freedom. Yeah, terribly melodramatic, I know.

That part wasn't explicitly stated in the dream, I'm just extrapolating based on what I can remember of a dream from over 12 hours ago.

Anyway, War Machine is getting set to blast off, or be teleported or something, so Hank tells the ants they need to get off the pad, and one of the ants replies that Hank should be careful, he looks tired, which was clearly true, everything about the look on his face, his posture, even the way i heard his voice in my head, suggested someone completely burned out**. Anyway, the ants move off, and the Teen Titans - in some weird amalgamation of how they appear in Tiny Titans, and their designs in the Teen Titans cartoon - promise to look after the ants. Except, as our heroes depart, someone captures the ants in a glowy blue bubble, and they vanish in a portal, with raven trying to track it. And all that turns out to be a ruse by some red-haired lizard lady name Malmuth, or something similar*** designed to trap Raven in another dimension. For some reason.

So yes, I either need to not each chips before bed (probably the sensible decision), or I need to eat more of them (for more dreams like this). That second option is awful tempting.

* It had to be the Marvel Adventures version, because Fury mentioned Giant Girl, whichIi know because Pym made some comment about her only being able to grow, as though that doesn't convey any other advantages. Oddly, my brain described Wolverine as the one with "lots of powers", and Spider-Man as the "bouncy one". Spidey has more powers than Wolverine though, doesn't he? And I know who Fury meant with each comment, because a little picture popped up next to each description as Fury rattled them off.

** I think this was my feelings poking through, because I woke up on Friday morning feeling like crap. It was one of those days where I wanted to fall back in bed two seconds after I got up, plus I woke up sweaty and dizzy. Even though it was the same time getting up, and the same time going to bed, I felt exponentially better when I woke up this morning. Restorative power of cool dreams I guess.

*** It wasn't pronounced like "mammoth". It was more, Lovecraftian outwordly force somehow, but I can recall the pronunciation well enough now to spell it right.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh Calvin, you weren't dreaming. Somehow, your cellphone must have picked up on the vibrations from Marvel's bullpen, where they thrash out the upcoming plots, and it was SOMEHOW transmitted to your unconcious mind.

Yes...that's it.

CalvinPitt said...

Well, if this is something Marvel has planned, at least they're going to do something with Mr. Pym other than rehash his issues with the wasp, or the whole "I created Ultron!" thing.

If I were on the Mighty Avengers, I think I'd be concerned that Hank's running around in a modified version of Janet's costume.

SallyP said...

Yeah, that's a little...creepy.