Friday, January 23, 2009

Perhaps A Rousing Game Of Tiddlywinks?

You know, the X-Men used to play baseball a lot, and the East and West Coast Avengers used to have softball games against each other. I've seen Paul Jenkins and Dan Slott write stories about a lot of heroes getting together to play poker for kicks.

Do the DC heroes get together and do things like that? I know Ollie told Kyle Rayner that he and Hal used to watch boxing matches together, but I'm talking any sort of actual activity by the heroes. Say, the old hands of the Justice Society playing hoseshoes or shuffleboard, Young Justice having paintball wars, things like that.

2 comments:

Jason said...

The closest comparison I can think of is the annual Thanksgiving Dinner that the JLA & JSA had.

I can't imagine that the Avengers teams are having friendly softball games these days anymore.

Also, I seem to remember that those X-Man games used to be X-Men vs. New Mutants. But I could be wrong.

CalvinPitt said...

jason: It may have been X-Men/New Mutants some of the time, I wouldn't doubt it. The one occasion I remember had Nightcrawler pitching to Colossus, and Jean using her TK to save a home run.

And no, I also doubt the Avengers get together for softball these days, since Bullseye, sorry "Hawkeye", would probably paint grenades like softballs, and then somebody would get angry.