Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Curses, They've Found My Weakness

It's been said elsewhere, but I'll toss in my agreement: Marvel's apparent plan to get me to buy more of their comics by including the Agents of Atlas in them. . . is totally going to work.

Dang, I thought they'd never tumble to that strategy, since they seemed so invested in slapping "Dark Reign", or "Siege", or if we go back a bit, "The Initiative" on all their books. I'm actually pretty impressed by the push they seem to be making for Agents of Atlas. I know Jeff Parker's writing basically all of the books, but still, the fact they're giving them the OK is nice. Maybe they really feel they have someone in Parker and they want to keep him happy and on board? Maybe they see a lot of potential in a series with a robot, a Gorilla Man, a potential queen of an undersea kingdom, an alien, and a siren, lead by a former FBI Agent turned leader of worldwide criminal empire? I could see a cartoon based off that concept.

Between that and all these series DC's bringing back from the dead for a month (Ostrander! Suicide Squad! Whoo!), my pull list might not be in as sorry a shape as I thought. At least for January.

No comments: