Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time Again To Guess The Mysterious Villain!

I'm tired, so let's keep this simple.

With regards to the current Secret Six series, who do you think is Mockingbird?

It was Lex Luthor in the original Villains United mini-series, but somehow I can't see Luthor financing the turning of an island into a prison for all the world's criminals. It just seems too petty, not nearly super-science enough.

It seems like it's someone with designs on being a ruler, and someone not at all troubled by enslaving people. I thought about Kobra, but I think they'd prefer the criminals be running loose, to help spread chaos and fear. I suppose General Eiling could be behind it. He's a power-hungry scumbag.

I tend to favor Vandal Savage. Smyth kept bringing up how there are all these great achievements through history that relied on slave labor, and Vandal was alive for all of them, so he'd certainly see it as a proven formula. It might also explain why they'd bring in one of his kids to serve as waste disposal, or whatever that monstrosity was supposed to be.

You have any guesses?

3 comments:

Diamondrock said...

I could see it being Vandal Savage. In fact, he's probably the most likely considering all the things you mentioned (and the fact that all those historical slave labor projects were likely instituted by him).

Still, I can't shake the feeling that we're all missing something. Like there's some clue that's being overlooked. Oh well. We'll find out in time I suppose.

CalvinPitt said...

diamondrock: Hmm, I wonder if the flashback Scandal had, about trying to make it through the gauntlet to save her mom means something?

I originally thought that was just a side-effect of Scandal taking Venom and going slightly out of her head, but maybe it's bigger than that.

The teams' already been menaced by Ragdoll's sister, who I don't think we knew about before, so maybe Scandal's rarely-discussed mom is the new problem?

Diamondrock said...

That's certainly an interesting thought. We don't know much about Scandal's mom. But then again, we don't even know that much about Scandal. In a lot of way she's the biggest cipher on the team. Bane's history is an open book, Jeanette laid it all out for us, everybody knows about Deadshot, Catman doesn't hide anything, and Ragdoll got his family history story already.

Scandal's the one we know almost nothing about. I think you may be on to something that some more of her past is going to start coming into play...