Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's Too Nice Outside For This

ABP: So we're not going to mention him this week?

Calvin: {That's right. We'll give him a little rest. Maybe it'll improve his disposition.}

But he's in 40% of the comics you bought! {Then you'll just have to look over the other 60% extra carefully.} I can't even give him a hug? {Fine, you can give him a hug, but quietly. Off-panel, without mentioning his name.} You're just scared he's going to come by and shoot you. {A little, yes.}

Fine, I think Bane needs a Bonk for kicking Scandal off the team. She was there first! {She's also a little crazy, and Bane was right, their mission have gone pretty poorly with her in charge.} Ragdoll's gets some Applause for dealing with that Mr. Smyth. {You're in favor of beating people with pipe wrenches?} When they're bad people. {Oh, that's a dangerously vague comment. Wouldn't practically everyone in that book qualify as bad people?} Stop arguing with me! Or I'll, I'll, say his name! {You mean CandleJack?} You know who I mean!! {OK, concerns retracted. Carry on.}

I'm Applauding Power Girl for helping the people from Vega 7 find their way home, and helping them find a place to stay in the meantime. *glares at Calvin* {I didn't say anything.} Whoever was taking pictures of Power Girl needs a Bonk. It's not polite to take a person's picture without asking. I think Cyclops needs a Bonk for shooting Namora in the back, and for shooting M-11 when Wolverine wanted to chop it up. {Sigh.} What? {As much as I like seeing Cyclops get hit, I can't really fault him. Namora was attacking Storm, and M-11 well, it's not like Logan didn't get other chances in the issue to attack it.} It's not like the X-Men were using Cerebra anyway! They shouldn't be so greedy! {Do you still use that paddle ball you got last Christmas?} No. . . {Great. I'll go take it now, without asking if it's OK. Seriously, I can't believe you're OK with the stealing. Are you sure you aren't Deadpool in disguise again?} You said his name! {I suppose I did. Oh well, you'll just have to carry on without me here on the blog.} No, it'll be OK! I bet he'll change his mind eventually! We just have to hide you until then! Come on, the woods are right over there! {I'd like to maintain a little dignity, thank you.}

4 comments:

Seangreyson said...

So a hug to Hank Pym I think might be appropriate. He's so certain that the universe hates him that when he actually meets the universe face to face, Eternity punches him.

Also a hug to Spider-girl might be in order. Not so much because of all of the Goblin related chaos in her own book, but because Amazing Spider-man seems to be stealing her supporting cast (Ben Reilly and Kaine). If the Buzz and the Ladyhawkes suddenly show up in Peter Parker's life, I wouldn't be suprised at this rate.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Eternity punched Hank Pym in the face?! *stifles laughter*

Ahem, you're right, that's rough. Honestly, Hank Pym could probably use a hug 90% of the time, with how things go for him.

SallyP said...

Wait...Cyclops is SHOOTING people now?

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Sorry, I should have said zapped, or blasted. I meant he was hitting them with his optic blasts, not with a gun or anything.

Though he did do that for awhile in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run. Or was that all a telepathic illusion?