Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Anyone Have A Spare Bat-Computer?

This here is the cover from Green Arrow #35. I don't know which volume it would be, it's the series Kevin Smith wrote the initial arc for, the one that brought Ollie back from the dead. Volume number is not relevant though, or is it? I don't think it is. Moving on.

I've looked at this cover many times, and I can't decide if the arrows are arranged in a purposeful pattern. Sometimes I think they make out a question mark, but the bottom one, over by his waist, is kind of off-line for it. Besides, arrows in the form of a question would be too obvious for Nigma.

There are nine arrows, you could make three triangles out of them, but I don't know what the significance of that would be. Maybe if one was equilateral, one isosceles, the other obtuse, which I think can be done, since it seems a little more complicated. Not overly so, but Eddie was dealing with Green Arrow, not Batman, so I imagine he dumbed it down a little.

If you have any ideas, please share. I don't have anything else to say about it, other than I like the Riddler's pose there. Very stylish, like he's three seconds from a dance number. Spin the cane a little, doff his chapeau, show off his coordination a little.

No comments: