Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Nice To See Rocket Getting A Higher Profile

So I saw online they'll be releasing an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 game, which normally wouldn't mean much to me. Then I learn they'll be including Rocket Raccoon as a playable character. Which is a surprise, to say the least*.

Now I'm debating it. I've mentioned before I generally stink at fighting games. I wasn't too shabby at the first Super Smash Bros, but other than that, success relies on me being willing to keep trying until my button mashing translates to victory. I'm not surprised that I was bad at games I only ever played in the store displays, but even the ones I owned, that I put a lot of hours into, I wouldn't say I was more than a journeyman. That's if I didn't outright stink (as was the case with the copy of Mortal Kombat I had for my Game Gear). So there's the question of whether, if I owned the game, could I get good enough at it to enjoy playing it. Getting repeatedly humiliated by the computer has never been my idea of a good time.

'Course, I'd have to buy one of the current consoles, but there are other games I've wanted to play. I just wasn't willing to shell out the cash for them, and I wasn't going to ask someone else to pay for it, either. They were a little pricey for what I'd almost certainly use solely as a gaming system. Maybe they still are, I haven't bothered to check, but I guess it's in play.

* A surprise to the gamers too, who are befuddled by the inclusion of a raccoon. Well, it's the ass-kickingest raccoon you've ever seen.

No comments: