Saturday, July 23, 2011

Noticing Any Changes In DC's Current Books?

Question for those of you reading DC's current ongoing series: Have you noticed anything you'd consider an abrupt shift?

I know Gail Simone said she was given enough advance warning to set up Secret Six for what she felt would be an appropriate and satisfying conclusion, but I still wonder. I thought she'd adjusted her plans when I read June's issue, because I couldn't picture Bane at the end of #34 turning around and waging war on Gotham. Obviously I misjudged Bane, but at the time I had thought she'd been given enough heads up to alter her stories, but not the solicits for those stories.

That's just one writer on one title. I still haven't seen an issue of Batman Beyond since the announcement, so I can't judge there. I think Bryan Q. Miller was probably going to wrap up the conflict between Batgirl and the Reapers around issue 24 anyway, but I wonder if he'll have to add some other things in to present what he'd consider an acceptable solution. Or if it'll stand well enough as is.

I figure since some of you read titles I don't you might have noticed some twists or turns that are a bit out of left field, or maybe the pace has sped up, the creative team trying to hit everything they wanted to before the clock runs out?

No comments: