Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Hate Morning People

Even though I frequently do most of my work in the mornings. I'm not fully awake then, I'm grumpy about being even partially awake, so I might as well get all the crappy stuff done, so I can have fun when I actually wake up, right? Too bad my class schedule didn't cooperate this semester (damn 5-8 p.m. history class). But that's only tangential to what I want to throw out here today.

I woke up one morning a couple weeks back, and noticed my hair was kinda all over the place. That's pretty typical for me, with my "pat it down with your hand and jam a ballcap over it" philosophy, but I started wondering, how long does it take Wonder Woman to get ready in the morning? We saw her a few weeks back in 52, chilling in Nanda Parabat (or some town near it) and she looked about as usual, which I thought was odd. She's globe-trotting, and I imagine trying to keep a low profile as she goes along, so regular access to cleaning and hair-care products might be a bit restricted. So I'm guessing she's just one of those lucky ducks that wakes up looking fabulous every morning. Mostly because she doesn't strike me as someone who would be hugely concerned with personal appearance, preferring to worry about more important things, like fostering peace between nations and punching Despero and all that. Or maybe it is important to her, because she thinks it's important to look professional, and not like a slob, so people will pay attention to her.

5 comments:

Jason said...

All right, you've made me put far too much thought into this. But I have two thoughts on this subject:

A. Since she was created from clay to be a perfect woman (I think), it makes sense that no matter what, she'd look good without makeup or hair product.

B. Since she is a diplomat in one of her day jobs, I'm sure that she finds it necessary to look respectable at most times, since she is a reflection on her country.

Please note, I may be completely wrong in this, since I haven't read a lot of Wonder Woman.

Bully said...

Invisible jet...invisible hair products. I'm jus' sayin'.

SallyP said...

Perfect hair? Are you kidding? Wonder Woman is so awesome, that she doesn't even have to shave her legs! Or worry about "feminine" products. Hell, even her breath is probably naturally minty fresh.

CalvinPitt said...

jason: That a) possibility sounds pretty good.

bully: I hope that doesn't lead to embarassing mix-ups. "I thought this was my invisible conditioner, but it's really invisible eye drops!" Or some such thing.

sallyp: "Feminine products"? Gah! A guy isn't supposed to read those words?

SallyP said...

Heh heh...my evil work is done!