Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's So Obvious When I Think About

In my reviews of April 25 comics, I was surprised that Psylocke could use her telekinesis to make herself invisible. I'd never seen her do that before, so it caught me a little off-guard. At the time, I pretty much accepted Kelvin's reasoning behind the feat (because Claremont says so), but it was recently, quite out of the blue, I realized how it could be argued Psylocke makes it work. 

Invisible Woman can do more than just make herself invisible. She can also project energy in various ways. As shields, platforms, bolts of force designed to injure an opponent, as a way to catch something, etc. In short, telekinesis. She's not as refined with it as the TKers on the X-teams, but that's probably because a) she doesn't think of her powers that way, and b) she's already pretty kickass as it is. Giving her even finer control over those powers would make her nigh-unstoppable.

Psylocke's a telekinetic as well, she can do all those other things Sue can to certain extents, why couldn't she use telekinesis to make herself invisible as well? So that's that. Another mystery solved! I'm always on duty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just thought she was using her powers to stop the photons from hitting her...but your idea is good too!

Seth T. Hahne said...

When did Psylocke become telekinetic? Granted, the last time I read anything with her in it was for about twleve issues after she resurrected as an Asian, ninja-supermodel... But she wasn't a tk back then (hence her need for an armoured uniform - you wouldn't catch Jean Grey in no sissy armour).

CalvinPitt said...

anonymous: I think your suggestion of stopping photons from hitting her is probably the actual "scientific" explanation (or she's using tk to bend the photons around her). But I kind of figure that's what Sue is doing as well.

the dane: Sometime during the '90s, when she had some sort of red mark over one eye. I'm not sure, I'd pretty much given up on X-Men by then.