Thursday, May 31, 2007

What I Bought 5/31/07

And once again, I get one comic. That's weak, but it's not all bad. It means this post will go fast, and I can get to work on that huge post I have planned for another blog, where I complain about how Dave Duncan screwed up Anthony Reyes. Which means nothing to you if you don't follow the Cardinals, so I'll just remind you that spoilers can be found most anywhere these days, maybe even in this post.

New Excalibur #20 - So Sage has infiltrated Albion's little group. I'm still not sure why she felt dressing in Power Girl's top, Supergirl's skirt, and a coat that looks like it belonged to Santa was necessary, but it worked, so good for her. Nocturne is still making progress in recovering from her stroke, having gotten her left side back to its previous level of mobility, though the right is still sorely lacking.

Meanwhile, Excalibur fights the Dark X-Men, and Lionheart takes off, which seems pretty smart. The teams want to whomp on each other, why get in the way? The battle is pretty enjoyable because both teams show cooperation and teamwork to try and gain an advantage. It's a lot more fun than a bunch of one-on-one fights. Still, it turns out this was all to ensure Excalibur wouldn't interefere with Albion's real plan, which was to attack a really secret base, and steal something that returned England to the Dark Ages. I'm not sure how he would know about that thing, seeing as Sage didn't know about it, and she seems to know damn near everything. Oh, and something happened to Sage when she tried to stop Albion from using the thingamajig. I don't know what. Guess I find that out next month. Hmm, what to say? I enjoyed the battle between Excalibur and the Dark X-Men. The rest fell flat. I think I need to see the Evil Plot progress a little further. 2.8 out of 5.
So, yeah, I'm done. Later.

4 comments:

tricksterspirit said...

I'm curious to see where this thing is going. There's lots of build up but I get no sense of direction.

CalvinPitt said...

thomas: I think you summed it up pretty well. I just can't figure where this is going. Now that could be good (he's keeping things close to the vest), or it could be bad (he's got no clue where he's going with it).

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Fitz said...

I keep hearing conflicting reports on Reyes/Duncan, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it

CalvinPitt said...

fitz: Check the Macq Experience, I put it over there (if you haven't seen it already).