Friday, June 01, 2007

A Constant Struggle For Cuteness

Hey, only one comic again? {I told you last week that was gonna happen. Don't try and act surprised.} I know, I just wanted to make you feel bad, so you'd buy me ice cream. {What?! Of all the manipulative. . . If you aren't careful, you'll wind up like that panda in Aquaman.} The dead one? {Well, uh, no. It wasn't dead, just resting. Yes, that's it, resting.}

Applause - Excalibur. There isn't much to choose from, but they did stop the Bad X-Men from freeing Shadow King. {Actually, Lionheart took care of that when she killed Shadow King last issue.} Oh. Well, they stopped the Bad X-Men from hurting Lionheart or getting away, that's good.

Covert Hug - Sage. I have to be careful, since she's undercover. I don't want Albion to know she's a good guy, but she's hurt and in enemy territory, so I think she could use some love.

Bonk - Lionheart. {Hey now, you're on dangerous ground here.} Excalibur was outnumbered and she ran away, instead of staying to help. {She's not part of Excalibur, and besides she already did her part by taking care of the Shadow King.} He was taken care of already, he was in prison! And that still doesn't excuse running away from a fight, and she hurt Sage. {Fine, whatever, it's your bonk. Waste it on her if you want.} Don't call my bonks wasted! {I'm sorry. Let's go for ice cream!} Hooray!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Bonk: whoever wrote the summing-up page from JSA6.

Hey clever writer! I haven't read your crummy JLA crossover issues, so instead of introducing characters I already know of, how about telling me WHAT'S GOING ON?

CalvinPitt said...

matthew: What, you don't want to read Meltzer's dynamic, talkier-than-Bendis style?

You would think with all the multiverse, interconnected hoo-ha at DC right now, they'd be all about the recap pages.

Bonk

Anonymous said...

im sad.
excalibur just isnt doing it for me ...at all..i mean i hung in there when charles and mags moved to genosha...i liked the new mutants they showed...liked how we saw things dark beast....and then cc got sick...and the book changed to england..and... ok to me the book hasnt gone anywhere...its still the same song and dance from issue one...nothing new other than nocky having a stroke wich to be honest i m not intrested in yet..maybe if i was old enough to get a stroke...butt...evil x-men from another dimeminsion is so lame...come on really...the only movement ive seen is to lion heart..the britan corp mythos and juggernaught (and that was a fill in story) it just seems like im listing to the radio with this title(the same song played again and again durring the day )i love the concept..i love the team..i love cc...but..i dont know..im going to be honest to..i only buy to be a completeist(sp??) i know i know if i dont like it dont buy it ...i know i know im weak..im dirt i know..but still when im 80 and re reading these issues the nocturel stuff by then will intrest me :)

but so far...its like watching the titanic...you know its sinking but yet you still watch.

gabesummers

CalvinPitt said...

gabesummers: I can understand that. I get the feeling sometimes that I'm wasting my money on the book too. But, this feels like the big story he's had planned since he started new Excalibur, and I want to see if it plays out well. After his first Exiles arc, which was terribly confusing at the end, I'm not confident, but I figure I'll give him a chance. Plus, I'm a fan of Lionheart, so I worry this might be the last time I see her before Millar or Bendis uses her as cannon fodder for some big event comic.