Friday, June 08, 2007

What Is The Dark Terrible Secret?

Move in is mostly complete, except for the severe cleaning of the old place that still remains. That's going to be unpleasant I'm sure, but that's for tomorrow. For tonight, I want to investigate the troubling past of William Wagner.

For those of you confused as to who dat, it's the guy currently in a relationship with Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel. He has some secret that Carol's public relations lady dug up, one involving extensive surgery. So the obvious (and hopefully fun) question is, what's the secret?

While I'm sure it'll wind up being some tie to Carol's past, some foe trying to make good, I'm not up to date on her rogue's gallery to the point I can hazard guess. The only one I knew was Doomsday Man, and I think he's out of commission for the foreseeable future.

So, for kicks and giggles mostly, I'm going suggest that William Wagner was previously Wilma Williamson (probably not her actually name). I think it would be kind of interesting to gauge Carol's reaction to finding out the fellow she's interested in was at one point in a woman's body.

Granted, I've stories with that element before, on Star Trek: Next Generation, and in an issue of GrimJack, but another perspective can be enlightening. I can't say why the idea is interesting me, maybe just the idea of undergoing such a serious physical transformation is intriguing to me.

Anyway, that's my quick hit, half-assed guess. Now it's your turn.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Knowing Marvel, he's probably Marcus (aka The Scarlet Centurion) her lover/son who's back to mind-f$#@ her yet again.

CalvinPitt said...

jason: Ooh, that would be a real mind-twist for Carol. Though I have to say if Ms. Day would know about him and his history with Carol, there's something more sinister to her than I'd thought.