Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What I Bought 5/23/07

Man, what a lousy week. One comic. Hardly seems worth the trouble. Ah well, might as well get on with it, with the reviews, and the snark, and the spoilers, blah, blah, blah.

Shadowpact #13 - This issue is entirely set-up for future issues. It's nothing but the Phantom Stranger floating and commenting on what all these people Shadowpact will eventually have to deal with are up to. I know, floating around and commenting on stuff is what the Phantom Stranger does, and yes, he looks damn good doing it, but still.

So let's take a look at upcoming concerns for the good guys. A crazy teen name Kid Karnevil (I think he's from the first story arc) escapes the realm that served as his prison. He's nuts. The Sun King has arrived, though he's currently a little less imposing than you'd expect. There's mention of a plague, Holy Magi, and a world-destroying old man with a banjo(?!) Zauriel, shown on the cover, has been tasked to kill a member of the Shadowpact. It sounds like the stories on the way will be pretty good. This however, was not very good. 2.3 out of 5.

And this is why I hate months with 5 Wednesdays.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Calvin, I don't have your email address. Drop me a note (in the profile).

SallyP said...

Wow! You bought a DC and I bought a Marvel? Has the world gone MAD?

Seriously, She-Hulk was actually pretty good. She comes right out and tells Tony Stark that he's turning into Dr. Doom. Heh heh.

Oh, and I did break down and get Nova. Pretty good stuff.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Well, either we've gone mad, or the rest of the world has. Take your pick. And I'm glad you bought Nova.

Anonymous said...

1 comic thats crazy talk!!!!!!!first the bee gees break up now this!!!
is thier no justice in this cruel world!!!!!!!!!

but i do like your opion ..more than most bloggers. so i guess ill stick around....wich sounded creppy but ive been noticing most of my comments are creepy hahaha i should really really get a blog going so no one thinks im some weirdo hahahah

gabesummers

CalvinPitt said...

jake: I don't have your e-mail. What's going on?

gabesummers: Well, I appreciate your continued presence, and I'm certain that you are no weirder than I am.