Thursday, May 12, 2011

Early Morning TV Comes Through Again

Speed was running on some channel this morning. I've never seen it, so I watched for about 10 minutes. Saw Keanu try to board the bus, fail, commandeer/hijack a car, damage said car, then finally get on the bus. At which point I decided I had stuff to do.

Seeing that bit of it reminded me of those Slappy Squirrel shorts that used to run on Animaniacs. Specifically the one where she tries to take a vacation and gets caught in every recent (at the time) action flick. Besides being unable to take her seat on the plane (because Wesley Snipes is Passenger 57, damn it), and being waylaid by the latest Die Hard* (which gave her the chance to make fun of Bruce Willis' receding hairline), it also involved a ride on a bus.

Based on that, I figured the movie was basically, 'You must drive fast. Very fast. Over 50 fast. Say, you're kind of cute.' Then they crash into an airplane. At least she didn't miss her flight.

I hadn't thought of that cartoon in a while, so I guess I owe Speed some thanks for reminding me, and for serving as fodder for it.

* Kee-yi-yo-yippie-yo-ki-yi-yay!

No comments: