Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Posting From The Local Library

I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs over the weekend. There wasn't really anything else on (besides the Cheyenne Social Club), and I figured it would at least be good for some laughs. Which it was so mission accomplished.

The two parts that stuck with me were the bit where Flint's created a beautiful (if creepy) place within a giant jello mold, and we learn that the weather girl is kind of blind, and has seen Flint as this square-jawed action hero type. I didn't get a good look at her blurry misconception, but I wonder if it was based on Bruce Campbell, since he's a voice actor in the film. I like that we'd been given no idea that was the case until she put her glasses on.

The other part was near the climax, as the heroes are surrounded by what appeared to be baked chickens. The moment where Flint and Co. look up and see the chickens crawling along the ceiling behind them was very creepy. Like something out of a Silent Hill game, which was not at all what I was expecting from the film. Giant headless, cooked chickens, out to eat people.

No comments: