Monday, October 02, 2006

The Power Of Purchasing

So I was looking through DC and Marvel's websites, trying to see what's being released when, and I came to an unfortunate realization: This isn't going to be a good month for me, comics-wise.

Ten comics this month (11 if I pick up Heroes for Hire #3). Nothing from DC (as my hopes that Geoff Johns had gotten back on a monthly schedule seem dashed). A Cable/Deadpool with a Rob Liefeld cover (please don't let him be doing the interior art, please, please, please). No Ultimate X-Men(?) No Amazing Spider-Man (stupid Civil War delays).

Of course, it's not all bad. Annihilation #3. The Amazing Spider-Girl #1. More dragons in New Excalibur #12. Still, kinda lackluster overall. And this week happens to be the worst of them.

See, there isn't a single book on my pull list being released this week. Nothing. Now sure, I've got some back issues of New Warriors and Simonson's Thor run to show to Adorable Baby Panda, but I'd like to get something new as well.

So here's the deal (Why am I typing in such short paragraphs?). When I go into the store on Wednesday, I'll have enough for one comic. Which comic would you suggest I buy with that?

6 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Well, I'd recommend Agents of Atlas or Beyond but I don't know if you're following those stories -which are awesome by the way.

I think the first issue of the Brian K. Vaughn Dr. Strange mini is coming out. Maybe that?

Seth T. Hahne said...

Buy something indy. Maybe something from whatever Oni's doing these days - I haven't been to the shop in about a year, so I'm a bit out of touch.

thekelvingreen said...

Irredeemable Ant-Man. We got a review copy, and it's great.

Chris said...

Marvel Adventures: The Avengers. It's a hoot, and it'll make you feel like you're ten years old and love comics unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

gabesummers top non-inde picks!!!!!!


ok i got nothing hahahah everything I read isnt coming out hahahah no x-men..no civil way no anvengers..does marvel even make montlies anymore??(get it get it?? ohhh im to fun) id say to dig deep into the 25cent box.

but im irked to...no comics this week thats crazy talk...no comics is like no air..i havent been this sad since the whole contest of champions seires i bought then hated myself for buying years ago.


but when i got nothing to read i hit the library and check out a book i normaly wouldnt buy .
for example a few weeks back i had no new comics..so on the adivce of one of your regulars i checked out bone..i never read bone..so i checked it out and it was so cool. bone rocks..so thats what i do..i save the money and hit the library.

Atticus said...

JLA/JSA: Virtue & Vice HC

Watchmen