Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's Party Time So I Must Be Brief

Just two things real quick:

1) Bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Xbox Thursday. Played it last night. Having fun. I absolutely love that Deadpool is one of the available heroes, from the very beginning no less. Sure he doesn't talk as much as Deadpool should, but that's probably a good thing since I had him as part of the same squad as Spider-Man. If both of them run their mouths like normal, a person could easily go insane.

2) On September 28th, I showed my weekly comics pull to an Adorable Baby Panda for the first time (since I didn't buy Civil War #4, that post doesn't count). That was also the last day Jason Marquis pitched a game for the St. Louis Cardinals (which is good, since he stayed par for the course and pitched horribly). The Cardinals hold on to win the division, sparing baseball fans everywhere from yet another Roger Clemens "farewell game" (I think this would be his fifth so far), and from there, well, the rest is World Series-winning history (apologies to Tigers' fans in the audience).

The moral of the story?

Don't doubt the Power of the Pandas.

Fear them!!!!

Back with more substantial stuff tomorrow.

Maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you get Deadpools unlockable mission.

Deadpool + Arcades Muderworld + Evil Spider-man = Awesome.

CalvinPitt said...

mallet: ?!!?! Well, damn, it sounds like I better get back to playing.

To the Xbox!

*Whoosh*

Seth T. Hahne said...

Seriously fear the power of pandas. About ten years ago, I was watching a documentary on Pandas and a Chinese zookeeper was relating the story of a reporter, in great stilted English.

"We told him, 'Do not go into the panda cage.' So later he opened the door to the cage and creeped inside to approach the panda. And the panda - he rip off his penis."

I died from a sweet mixture of laughter and fear. I couldn't be sure that I heard it right so I watched the documentary again when it aired again the next day (it was part of panda weekend on Discovery Channel - probably dubbed Pandamonium or something similarly punny), and there it was. "And the panda - he rip off his penis."

Moral of the story, panda's don't like competition.

SallyP said...

That pile of pandas is so cute, that I can hardly type.

CalvinPitt said...

dane: Ha! Yeah, pandas usually look so docile and cute, it's hard to believe they could rip us to shreds.

sallyp: I know, they're hypnotic in their cuteness.