Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Previews, Pulls, Pomposity

A smattering of random thoughts:

- Less than 19 hours until I'll have Annihilation #6 in my hands. I can't wait. I'm not even concerned that it'll let me down. I know it's going to be awesome.

- Blue Beetle #11, on the other hand, needs to get my attention, or else we'll be parting ways.

- Saw the hardcover Agents of Atlas in this month's Previews. Ordered it.

- Saw the solicitation for Nova #1, told Ken that I'll be purchasing that. He seemed pleased, maybe he's a Nova fan?

- To the person on Newsarama forum who said of Nova 'It looks interesting, but I don't think it will last, so I'm not buying it', sigh, I know it's wrong to wish you injury, but... it's really tempting to wish you injury. Come on, at least give it a shot! If you don't like it, then you drop it. If you do like it, and it does get cancelled, then you have some righteous indignation ready made for you!

- Saw the latest GrimJack trade coming out from IDW. Issues #37-46, so they're getting closer to where my collection runs out. C'mon, hurry and release it! Please?

- I was supposed to be getting Immortal Iron Fist #3 tomorrow, but it's been pushed back two weeks. Interestingly, this seems to coincide with the latest Civil War delay. Damn that mini-series. Even when I'm not buying it, it manages to screw me over.

6 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

I'll buy Nova because he was another one of my Bronze Age favorites when the character debuted in the Marv Wolfman-Sal Buscema stories.

Of course, this iteration will be far different from the Human Rocket but old favorites from the B-List deserve some loyalty.

And if I didn't buy comics because they weren't going to last, I probably wouldn't buy comics. Most of the series I really like can't canceled.

Marc Burkhardt said...

Ooops. I meant "get" canceled.

Anonymous said...

Annihilation #6 loves you.
It told me.

Make sure that your socks are firmly planted on your feet and whatever you do, do NOT think about Civil War. it will just depress you that this event is SO GOOD and there is no way CW could possibly catch up.

Unknown said...

Ah, Iron Fist. I knew there was a comic I'd forgotten to start reading. Oh well.

Sadly, it will be the weekend before I can collect my pulls. Time to stick my fingers in my ears as soon as someone says, "Did you see in Annihilation when -"

SallyP said...

Don' give up on Blue Beetle quite yet. Guy Gardner is going to be in the April issue. Woohoo!

CalvinPitt said...

fortress: I agree that you can't ignore a book just because you think it won't last. A) it might surprise you (Spider-Girl), B) if it does get cancelled, you could still have some really awesome moments.

carla: Having read Annihilation #6, I must day "Civl Wha?"

matthew: For you, I will try to do the vaguest possible review.

carla: Well, we'll just have to see.