Sunday, January 21, 2007

Say What?!

In reading through 52 this week, I'm left with three reactions:

1) OK, the original Booster is still alive, thanks to Rip Hunter. What about Booster's ancestor? The poor sucker Skeets sent into Rip's lab to tell Skeets what was there? Skeets had him sent back in time didn't he? Don't Rip and Booster have a responsibility to save him from this little gizmo?

2) Skeets ate the Phatnom Zone. How did he eat a dimension housing Kyptonian criminals? I think Skeets has officially taken the mantle of Editorial Wanking Tool from Alexander Luthor's corpse.

3) So Animal Man isn't dead. Good for him. If we conclude that one of the Space Trio has to die (and that seems to be the assumption, though I don't know if it's been confirmed by a preview or something), put me down for Adam Strange. I just don't care about him, so if he kicks it, no big deal. Rann can be protected by all the Thanagarians living there now, so they don't need Adam (Or is it the Rannians will be protected because they live on Thanagar now? Stupid confusing Rann-Thanagar War).

Of course, if DC wanted to let all three of them live, that would be acceptable. No reason that have to make one of the character's fanbases sad, is there?

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I think I like the final alternative, let's just let 'em live for heaven's sake! I've gotten a little bit fed up with all the death and gloom and angst.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Maybe an Adorable Baby Panda would lift the darkness from the hearts of the writers, and allow more joy in.