Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hitting My Wallet

It's Super Bowl Sunday, which means I'm going to visit my family and eat enchiladas. With that in mind, this post is gonna be a fairly quick post.

So, it's being discussed all over the comics blogowhatchamafloogle. The apparent loophole that Geoff Johns has provided to Batgirl. She's been drugged by Slade (you know, I can't call him Deathstroke anymore.), and so may not be responsible for her actions. Of course, we don't know when he got ahold of her, so the question of whether she was responsible for her actions in "Robin: Boy Wanted" is still up in the air. Time will tell.

And being a drugged pawn of some bitter, vengeful old man isn't really a great character development, but, it's better than where she was. I still think a "Batman who takes it one step farther" would be fine. She might be killing criminals (like Red Hood), but she'd demonstrate more concern for the victims and the innocent than he does. But I'm getting ahead of myself. After all, we've only seen Part 1, and it's a four-parter, so there's a long way to go.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to let Geoff Johns know that my offer is still on the table. And it's still a great deal for DC. And it's not like several of their titles couldn't use more readers.
Just keep it in mind, OK? Nothing to lose, so much to gain.

Tomorrow and Tuesday, more Annihilation!!!! Because I haven't done nearly enough posts dedicated to it.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Hoohah! Baltimo...oops, I mean the Colts won! God I'm old.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Yeah they did, but I have to say - that was a really ugly game. No wonder I'm kept flipping over to TNT and USA to watch their "The Closer" and "Monk" marathons, respectively.