Thursday, February 22, 2007

Make Reservation Now

Man, it's getting late. I should have gone with my first instinct and done this post this morning. Oh well.

Today I wanted to let you know that spring is around the corner, and that means it's time for a convention. Ken Murphy, owner of Marvels and Legends, has got his first annual Cape Girardeau Comic Con planned for April 21st and 22nd. That's a full two months away, which means you've got plenty of time to clear your schedule. The exact locale is still up in the air, but it'll be in town, and you can count on me to let you know, so that's covered.

C'mon, you can visit Cape Girardeau, the only city in the world with an inland cape! Well, the cape isn't technically there anymore, they got rid of it because it obstructed shipping or to build a railroad or something, but it used to be!

And you'll get to meet me (If I'm there when you show up)!

Oh, and some guys named Denny O'Neil and Roy Thomas (among others).

But mostly, you get to meet me!

Ken's got a web page with some other pertinent info here. All the cool kids are gonna show up, so give in to the peer pressure!

As the announcers in the "Bart Jumps Springfield Gorge" episode of The Simpsons once said 'If you miss this, you better be dead... or in jail! And if you're in jail, break out!'

4 comments:

Jim said...

I went to school with Denny O'Neil's nephew.

CalvinPitt said...

jim: That's cool. Those kinds of connections are always interesting.

SallyP said...

Wish I could be there, but I'm still hacking up my spleen.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: But surely in two months your spleen will be completely hacked up, and you'll be fine! Then you can have someone sign your spleen! How cool would that be?