Thursday, February 15, 2007

Truly Not A Memorable Film

So last night I'm skimming through the channels while Bones is on commercials. As I cruise by FX which joyously, has finally shown commercials that say the new season of The Shield starts in April - it's about freaking time!!! I've been waiting 10 months! What the hell! Where was I? Oh yeah.

So I'm cruising by FX and I see they're showing Spawn, and it's just about to the point where Spawny comes crashing through the skylight to attack Martin Sheen. When that scene actually happens, I find myself thinking, well, basically what I think everytime I watch that movie:

'Man, Spawn's cape looks like it's made of a giant Fruit Roll-Up.'

Yep. That's what made the biggest impression on me from that movie. Probably not a good sign, though I did like that animated series they used to show on HBO. Always started with MacFarlane in a basement, holding jars with skulls in them, talking about what Spawn had gotten himself mixed up in this time.

And yes. That's all I've got today. Now I gotta go study for a test.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's really only one reason to watch that movie, and that's Melinda Clarke. Julie Cooper in black leather with lots of guns. Hooray!

Centurion said...

The movie had its moments, but the HBO series was and always will be much better.

CalvinPitt said...

dan coyle: I do enjoy women in black leather and guns. Really, any color leather with guns...

centurion: Agreed. If nothing else, I think it works better visually animated.