Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Feel Great Joy...

And surprisingly, it isn't because of Annihilation #6. Oh, that was good, no mistake, but in a "Aw, yeah!" way.

And it wasn't because Geoff Johns may have provided a glimmer of hope in Teen Titans #43. Because I'm now too cynical and jaded, thus I believe I'm being shown that glimmer so it can be pulled away and used to beat me over the head.

No, the joy came from Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #7. Guess what?

Ray Terrill is in the house!!

Yes! He's back in actual action (not counting his attempt to help Supes repower, bah!) for the first time since he was somehow unable to keep up with the Supermen at the end of Infinite Crisis #7 (there is no way they should be able to outfly him. None.) And he's handing a beatdown to this poser that took his name. Respect! I'm not sure I dig the changed outfit, but who cares? He's back on the field

That's right, not even seeing Major Force (again?!) at the end of the issue could diminsh my joy. The character that originally made me give even a tiny crap about DC is back in play.

4 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

I thought you'd enjoy that, but I didn't want to give away the surprise.

Anyway, I liked the new outfit and it was gratifying to see him pwn that psycho pretender.

And I'm with you on Batgirl. Glimmer of hope or not, she's suddenly a victim and I'm not too cool with that.

Jim said...

I'm not reading the Uncle Sam, but I'm happy Ray's back. He's an old buddy of mine.

SallyP said...

Well, that IS nice. I always liked his jacket for some reason.

CalvinPitt said...

fortress: The new outfit isn't too bad, but I think the collar is even higher than before, how is that possible?

As to Batgirl, if it's between this and her portrayal and Robin, I figure this is the lesser of two evils.

jim: I'm with you on that.

sallyp: You liked his jacket because it's pure awesome, of course!