Thursday, July 09, 2009

It's Too Hot To Applaud

{I hate summer.} At least you don't have a fur coat. {You could shave it off.} Then I'd burn! {Beauty is suffering, darling.} I don't care about beauty! {Oh, such a shame, to have so little appreciation for things of finery.} What is wrong with you? {The heat is denaturing my brain proteins.} Oh. Maybe you should go to the doctor. {Nonsense. I'm as fine as a velour throw rug.} Good?

Rip Hunter needs a Hug since he was blown up, and I would give Booster one because he got beat up, but you said that was probably a trick. {I did? I don't recall knowing of any chicanery involving a "booster". He sounds unsavory.} I think Booster will get a Bonk for staring at Starfire. It's impolite to stare. {It's scandalous. I told you he sounded unsavory.}

That was a good cover story Skeets came up with to explain him and Booster, so Applause for him. I think Brenda gets a Bonk for laughing at Paco when he told her he loved her. {That's horrible!} I know! {Where was their chaperon?} Huh? {There should have been a chaperon present to prevent such emotional outbursts, lest the whole courtship gain an air of impropriety. Love must be guided by cool logic and proper deference for accepted societal conventions.} Oh, that's enough *dump bucket of ice on Calvin's head* {Ahhh! What the bloody hell are you doing, you little twerp!?} You needed it! Look what you've been saying! {Whoa, that's not right at all. Thanks, little furry one.}

2 comments:

SallyP said...

And applause for Milagro, for having both a Blue Beetle AND a Guy Gardner action figure!

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Well, Milagro certainly deserves appaluse for her good taste, but her parents probably deserve some as well, since they agreed to buy them for her, confirming their own excellent taste.