Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sufficiently Cooled? Check? Sufficiently Rested? Check.

{Now the only question is what problem will emerge to provide humorous commentary?} Deadpool? {Nah, he's too busy fighting the Wrecking Crew.} He made time to visit when he was fighting Bullseye. {Yeah, that was Bullseye, non-powered psycho who routinely gets thumped by blind lawyers. This is the Wrecking Crew, super-powered numbskulls who once helped put Hercules in a coma.}

That's not so cool. I could do that. {Without using booze?} Uh, sure! {No you couldn't! Stop lying and give Tombstone a Bonk!} What for? {For hiring extra people to beat Deadpool so he wins his bet.} That's dirty pool! I want to give that Strontian a Bonk too, for killing Richie. {Hey, we don't know that he's dead. I really don't think they'll dump that on Nova. he already has enough guilt over the Ko-Rel thing. You could still hit her for being a murderer though.} I will then, her and Blastaar, for letting those Shi'ar troops chase the Novas. {Let's not go overboard here. Blastaar could have just killed the Novas, but he actually gave them a chance, and he did follow the letter of the law of what he promised.} You're just afraid of him! {With good reason. He is a large hairy fellow nicknamed the "Living Bomb Burst!", who was capable of battling Annihilus. Fear is appropriate.}

You'll never be a Green Lantern with that attitude. {When have I ever voiced a desire to be a Green Lantern? One, I don't have the rear end for it, so the fans would be calling for my death because I was blocking the view of their favorites. Two, I'd have to fight zombie friends and kitties that belch acid blood. No thank you.} Ew, that's gross! {You brought it up.} I didn't say anything about acid belching cats! I'll give Power Girl and Terra Applause for saving Manhattan. That was pretty cool. {Yeah, I kind of wish that in the shot where PG is cutting all the cables, they'd gone with a sot from a distance, to give us an idea of the area she had to cover. Would have made it more impressive.} It was still impressive. {Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just saying it would have provided a sense of scale.} I'm going to Applaud and Hug Robbie Rider for trying to do the right thing, and maybe dying dying for it. {Not dead.}

I don't know what to give the Guardians of the Galaxy. {Which version?} Either one. {Well, they might all have been blown up, so Hugs would be appropriate.} They weren't blown up! {True, they're lost in time, in Kang's sights, no less. That'll be fun.} I'm not sure I should hug the future Guardians, they doomed what was left of their universe. {There was hardly anything left, except one Solar System filled with Badoon.} See, there was still something there, and they killed them all! {The Badoon killed all of the members of each of the Guardians' species first.} That doesn't make it right! No hugs for future Guardians! Bonks for them and the Badoon! {Good luck on that one, seeing as they're all either blown up or whatever happens to being caught in that Fault.}

I'll find a way! {Super. Anyone else you want to single out before you go?} Ultra-Humanite. he's badly burned, so he gets a Hug. {That'll probably hurt him quite a bit.} I know. {Killing with kindness, eh? Cold as the depths of space.}

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Peej and Terra WERE pretty darned awesome, so hugs for them both.

And Hercules could use one too, since Amadeus is being so cranky. Silly boy. Pluto deserves a bonk, but it looks as though he's getting one, without any help from me.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Yeah, Pluto's getting enough Bonks to last him for a long time. Heck, he might receive enough Bonks to rival Tony Stark for head trauma. Or maybe even Hal Jordan!

Perhaps I go too far.

SallyP said...

When it comes to bonks for Hal, you can NEVER go too far!