Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend's Over, Back To Posting

So how was your weekend? Really that's good (or terrible). Mine was pleasant enough. Saw some friends, ate far too much, forgot my camera when I went to the big get-together, but the weather was superb.

I also took the opportunity to stop at a comic store along the way, one I hadn't visited in three years. The last time I was there, I didn't have a lot of money with me, so I couldn't buy much, but I was able to pick up the last six issues of GrimJack before the multi-century leap into the future. That was nice, since most of those wrapped up the big confrontation with the Dancer and his schemes to lead the demons back into Cynosure, and I had been waiting years to see how that played out. Dropping by this past Friday, I was able to purchase six more issue scattered through the last quarter of the series, which is the same number of issues I'd managed to find in the time in between these visits.

The owner (or at least the fellow behind the register) was sure at least one of the issues had been there since it's release. He was able to ascertain this because each comic is in a standard bag and board, with a sticker on the outside of the bag. The sticker has all sorts of different information, including the store's address. The particular issue had a different address from the current one, and it was a site the store had been located at for only about a year, and that was close to two decades ago. That's quite a while to sit there untouched, fortunately for me it stayed there just long enough for me to find it.

No comments: