Saturday, December 09, 2006

Getting It Out Of The Way

I love it. Blogger says "Hey, we're ready to switch you to Beta!" So I figure, what the hell, get it over with. Then they tell me that some of the blogs on my Dashboard can't be switched for some half-arsed reason or another. Way to be Blogger! Upbeat had already left, replaced by Mellow, but even Mellow seems to be getting a little agitated. Knew it couldn't last.

But, I got a few DC-related thoughts I want to get out here, so let's do this.

- My prediction for Supernova's identity is... The Eradicator. He had weird energy powers right, and he's technically a "device" isn't he, and he showed up the last time Supes vanished for an extended period, so there you go.

- Sure he seems less violent than he used to be, but it's New Earth! Anything goes! Just ask Cassie Cain. She'll tell you... in Navajo. Ugh.

- So why is Wildcat the person who teaches everybody how to fight? I mean, he seems like a good fighter and all, but nothing extraordinary. I'm going to guess that his style emphasizes hard work and intelligence, and isn't dependent on incredible athletic ability?

- So there's a Dawnstar that's going to appear in Justice Society, and there's a Dwarfstar that was just in the All-New Atom? And they're completely separate entities?

- Is anyone else getting tired of the constant "52!" comments throughout the DCU? I get it! It has some sort of expletive-deleted importance! Either tell me what it is, or shut up about it already!

- Persuader? That seems like kind of an odd name for a guy with a large ax. I get how it works, it's just when someone says it, I draw a blank as to who they could mean. What, I'm watching the Legion cartoon while I'm typing.

- I'm probably getting him confused with a small-time Marvel villain who had mind control powers. "Persuader" really seems to fit more with that, you know?

Edit: 11:40:

- That being that showed up this week in 52, The one that's conquering in space and killed Captain Comet? That's not the same thing that was the main baddy in Seven Soldiers, is it? I only skimmed Seven Soldiers #1, but it looks kind of similar to my memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Richard Dragon is up there as well.

He's helped train Batman, huntress, Question, and many others.

He teaches zen ideas as well as fighting. How to think outside your own perspective, something Wildcat and his more laid back attitude can have problems with. Wildcat teaches you how to be tough, and how to have fun while you fight. Something Richard has had problems with.

Both are important not just to other characters but to the DCU in general. In JSA where he's a star Wildcat is just highlighted more.

CalvinPitt said...

mallet: So, the best fighters would get taught by both of them then?

Anonymous said...

Typically.

Just look at Batman.